'Empty Planet: the Shock of Global Population Decline' by Darell Bricker and John Ibbitson.
How to Cite
Samways, D. (2019). ’Empty Planet: the Shock of Global Population Decline’ by Darell Bricker and John Ibbitson . The Journal of Population and Sustainability, 3(2), 87–90. https://doi.org/10.3197/jps.2019.3.2.87
Copyright (c) 2019 David Samways
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Coole, D., 2013. Too many bodies? The return and disavowal of the population question. Environmental Politics, [e-journal] 22:2, 195-215, https://doi.org/10.1080/09644016.2012.730268
- Coole, D., 2018. Should we control world population? Cambridge: Polity
- Basten, S., Lutz, W. and Scherbov, S. 2013. Very long range global population scenarios to 2300 and the implications of sustained low fertility. Demographic Research. [e-journal] Volume 28, Article 39, pp. 1145-1166. https://doi.org/10.4054/DemRes.2013.28.39
- Daily, G., Ehrlich, A.H., Ehrlich, P.R. 1994. Optimum human population size. Population and Environment, 15 (6), pp.469-475.
- Hickel, J., 2018. Is it possible to achieve a good life for all within planetary boundaries? Third World Quarterly. [e-journal] https://doi.org/10.1080/01436597.2018.1535895
- Kebede, E., Goujon, A., and Lutz, W., 2019. Stalls in Africa’s fertility decline partly result from disruptions in female education. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America [e-journal] http://www.pnas.org/cgi/doi/10.1073/pnas.1717288116
- Lutz, W., Butz, W.P., and KC, S. eds., 2014. World population and human capital in the Twenty-First Century. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- McBain, B., Lenzen, M., Wackernagel, M., Albrecht, G., 2017. How long can global ecological overshoot last? Global and Planetary Change. [e-journal] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloplacha.2017.06.002
- Myrskylä, M. Kohler, H-P. & Billari, F.C. 2009. Advances in development reverse fertility declines. Nature. [e-journal] Vol. 460 https://doi.org/10.1038/nature08230
- Sinding, S.W., 2009. Population, poverty and economic development. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B [e-journal] 364: 3023-3030. https://doi.org/10.1098/rstb.2009.0145